Over the last decade, we’ve been on a mission to deliver diverse bread ranges that cater to the gut needs of kiwis.
We pride ourselves in making healthy tasty bread products that are accessible and authentic!
Everything baked by the team at Bakeworks is made from scratch, the old fashion way, using only the very best gluten-free ingredients.
We heard you loud and clear in the early 00’s – calling for something different in the bread market that is good for you.
Our Bakeworks products support a more receptive digestive system, stronger brain activity, higher energy, a decrease in cholesterol levels and weight loss; which are just some of the benefits people discover when decreasing their gluten consumption.
Our ancestors figured out that by soaking and sprouting seeds, nuts and grains they became more digestible and provided higher nutrient values.
Did you know just 2 slices of Home St. bread gives you all this goodness?
- 20% of your daily fibre needs. We all need fibre and we all know why!
- 16% of your daily Vitamin B6 needs. Helps maintain healthy brain function and helps with digesting proteins into our system.
- 9% of your daily Vitamin B1 needs. Helps maintain cardiovascular health. Important for energy production – converts sugars into energy.. yeah!
- 8% of your daily iron needs. Vital for muscle health. Iron also helps boost and carry oxygen levels in the blood, important for brain health and energy levels… go Iron!
- 11% of your daily Magnesium needs. Key role in regulating blood pressure, for every 100mg of magnesium taken (6 slices of Home St. bread!) daily, equals a 15% decrease in the risk of developing type 2 diabetes!.. Amazing.
- 10% of your daily Manganese needs. Huh?, what's that? Well, manganese is very important for aiding calcium absorption as well as being very effective in helping boost the mineral levels in your bones … who knew!
- 6% of your daily potassium needs. Essential macro-nutrient which help promote conductivity in the brain. That’s why bananas are called brain food, due to their high potassium levels.
- 5.5% of your daily sodium needs. Great, lower level of sodium at 200mg/100g! Just to note, some gluten-free bread is as high as 420mg/100g.[NS1]
If you need to make the switch to a Gluten-Free diet or keto diet our vast array of products are here to make the transition as smooth as possible, which leads us to taste. . .
Our passion for good food has led us to develop an innovative and creative range of gluten-free breads, buns, pizza bases & cookies that taste unbelievably good!
But don’t just take our word for it…
"Bakeworks" Sprouted Bread Range is SO good - Also online delivery service 10/10 - Which I will use more often due my local supermarket always running out .. Thank you "Home St" Bakeworks your bread range is superior to what else is available on the market A+
Wonderful gluten free items, an absolute must
I am celiac and love the GF torpedo rolls really fast overnight delivery, so fresh and delicious. really competitive prices fantastic service thank you so much Bakeworks also love your GF hot cross buns
TeAo Raychell Burton
Absolutely wonderful service so fast. Thank you Bakeworks. Looking forward to eating the different varieties of loaves
We get great satisfaction from being able to offer all customers a healthy and tasty alternative, especially those with gluten and other food allergies such as coeliac disease.
It’s always been important to us to make sure that what we create is accessible to those who desire choices in bread products.
We’re working super hard behind the scenes to get our products in stores across the country (you can find us in most supermarkets now) and deliver top-notch online customer experiences. Being truly accessible goes far beyond these allowances, but it’s a work in progress across our whole practice.
As a small Kiwi business we hold high values across everything we do. We source the best ingredients and remain transparent for those who need to understand what is in their Kai.
In the spirit of authenticity – we’re also interested in what you think about Bakeworks and Home St. products.
We hope you find our brands as special as we do!