Sick of the same old lunch meals?
We’ve curated a list of our go to lunch recipes using only our pizza bases.
You can customise each meal to cater to your taste buds, diet and budget. With a versatile base (literally) you can add flexibility to your lunch meal. Change up the flavours based on what’s available to you at the time, in season, on special, or fresh in the fridge and garden.
Each meal is packed with nutritional elements to power you through the afternoon. Did you know our pizza bases are available in keto and are all GLUTEN, DAIRY, SOY & EGG FREE?
Explore our recipes below and inspire the creative chef within. . .
The options are endless with pitas. Simply cut the base in half and stuff away! You could have one every day of the week and still not get bored!
Easy and convenient when on the go, these make great workplace or school meal options.
Top tip – if you are making these ahead of lunch, leave out sauces or juicy fillings to keep the base fresh and dry.
They are easy to slice and firm for stuffing.
Let’s get filling:
- Humble scrambled bacon, mushrooms and eggs
- Chicken, corn and avocado tossed in lemon juice, fresh herbs and your favourite mayo!
- Beef koftas or falafels with tzatziki and herb slaw
- Mexi chili beans, corn, avocado, tomatoes, cucumber with sour cream (meat optional)
- Salmon, asparagus, lemon juice and leafy greens
Looking for light lunch options? Or entertaining a crowd?
Toast up the pizza bases and then cut into small pieces for the ultimate side element.
- Baked cheese topped with sweet fruit like pears, figs or even your favourite fruit chutney. Add nuts, rocket and some veggie sticks too.
- There's endless options with accompaniments - throw together some leafy greens your fiber full bases and any chutney, pickles or preserves
- Loaded salmon or smoked fish pate topped with rocket
- Lunch platters with humorous or fresh dips complement our base pieces perfectly. You can add your favourite meats, veggies and any antipasto or Mediterranean sides
Eat alfresco with light and refreshing flatbread recipes!
We suggest crisping up the base and then adding the toppings cold (meaning you can utilise fresh fruits and leafy greens). Brush the base with olive oil and toast the base either in the oven, sandwich press, toaster or fry pan.
We’re loving toppings like:
- Smash avocado and pesto, topped with slivered almonds and rocket. Hummus would work here too!
- Mozzarella, goat cheese, and peach slices. Drizzle balsamic vinegar and add some basil.
- Cherry tomatoes, olives, red peppers, artichokes, feta, garlic and lemon juice. (These items can all be the fresh or jarred versions).
- Cooked bacon, sliced brie cheese, chopped walnuts, and manuka honey.
Like we said, there are many creative uses for our pizza bases like low carb garlic pizzas, salad croutons, calzone, toasted crackers, bruschetta, quesadillas, pita chips, and soup dippers.
And of course – there are plentiful pizza topping recipes. I think we’ll need another blog for that one.
Snap and share your next ‘pizza based’ meal – we'd love to see how you customise yours!
Interested in our base range?
We offer three 10-inch tasty pizza bread options, each available in a two pack. We stock in supermarkets around the country and are available online.
- Home St. Handcrafted Gluten-free Pizza Bases are made using sprouted and activated seeds.
- Home St. Keto Pizza Bases are made with the ultimate Keto friendly ingredients such as ground almonds, coconut flour and olive oil.
- Bakeworks Gluten-free Pizza Bases are delicious thin and crispy!
Make sure you stock up – they freeze great too!