There are few things as satisfying as a homemade burger - simple, extremely versatile, a family favourite and best of all, delicious! Burgers are also a great way to use up your vegetables creatively. Our Home St. Keto Buns are the perfect base for your homemade burgers. Here is one of our favourite Keto Burger Recipes for you to whip up and make your own.
Keto Veggie Burger
(Serves 3, total prep/cook time 50 mins)
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1 clove minced garlic
4 oz. (1/2 cup) finely chopped mushrooms
5 oz. cauliflower
1/2 teaspoon tamari
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 pack of Home St Keto Buns
Your favourite burger ingredients
1) In a large non-stick frying pan, warm your olive oil over a medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, and celery. Saute for 2 minutes, or until onions have softened. Add the mushrooms and riced cauliflower. Stirring as required, cook for an additional 10-12 minutes to remove the unwanted moisture from the veggies or until veggies begin to brown. Remove the pan from heat.
2) Preheat oven to 200 degrees c.
3) Add to your warm veggie mixture, tamari, salt, parsley, paprika, cumin, and garlic powder. Stir and combine. Add the cheese, mixing until the cheese is fully incorporated and melted. Now add the flax meal and chia seeds. Stir thoroughly. Set aside to cool and thicken.
4) Prepare a baking sheet by greasing it well. Once the mixture has cooled enough to easily touch (about 5-10 minutes) make 3 patties from the dough. The mixture will be sticky and should come together easily. You may need to add another tablespoon (or more) of flax meal and leave it to thicken a bit longer before forming patties.
5) Bake your veggie burgers for 30 minutes or until ready. Patties are done when they are nicely browned with a crispy exterior. Allow to cool for a minimum of 5 minutes before serving. Patties will harden/thicken as they cool.
6) Serve on your Home St Keto buns with your favourite additional ingredients - we recommend spinach, avocado and egg - and enjoy!